A file photo Photograph:( Zee News Network )
This will be the first time when Punjab and Rajasthan will come face to face in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018.
The Ravichandran Ashwin-led team stands at number four with five wins, while the Ajinkya Rahane-led Rajasthan are currently placed at the last position with just three win.
As the two teams will lock horns today, so, let's take a look at the players expected to perform.
1. Chris Gayle - 'The Universal Boss' has proved that he still has a lot of cricket left in him as he smashed a century and three half-centuries in a total of five IPL games he has played so far for Punjab. Also, he is the second player to hit most sixes, 23, so far. In his last game, he scored 40-ball-50 which included six fours and two sixes. Today the 'Gayle storm' is expected to bring spread his charisma to help his team get back to the winning momentum.
2. Jos Buttler - The Rajasthan opener returned to his form in his last game against Delhi. He slammed 67 runs off just 26 balls which included huge seven sixes. Though the team failed to defeat Delhi, still his previous inning definitely makes him a player to watch out for.
3. KL Rahul - He is among the top run scorers in IPL so far. But still, he has a long way to go to achieve the orange cap. Today is the day when this opening batsman can score well to make his team win and jump up to top three, as they currently stand at number four. In six games Rahul has scored 292 runs with 60 being his highest.
4. D'Arcy Short - The Rajasthan opener scored 25-ball-44 including two fours and four sixes against Delhi. His great innings went in vain as the team couldn't turn in into a win. Today, he'll step down on the ground to lift his team from the bottom in the league table.
5. Jaydev Unadkant - So far his performance in IPL has not been at par. But in his previous game, he managed to take three crucial wickets of Delhi. Purchased at a whopping price of Rs 11.5 crore, it is important for him to stand to his billing. His attack and length is good but needs to play with a different technique today to swing wickets in his team's favour.
So overall, Punjab, which has an upper hand over Rajasthan, will fight to reach the top three, while Royals will be prepared to defeat the Kings coming their way.