Hrithik Roshan reacts on charges of sexual harassment against 'Super 30' director Vikas Bahl

WION Web Team New Delhi, Delhi, India Oct 08, 2018, 06.48 PM(IST)

File photo of Hrithik Roshan. Photograph:( WION Web Team )

Story highlights

"I have requested the producers of `Super 30` to take stock of the apparent facts and take a hard stand if need be," Roshan said in a statement.

Hrithik Roshan, the lead actor of the upcoming film 'Super 30', has finally responded to the charges of sexual harassment on the film's director Vikas Bahl. Bahl has been accused by a woman of sexual harassment while she worked in Phantom Films in 2015. Bahl was a co-partner of the production company which got disband recently.

In his statement, Roshan said, "It is impossible for me to work with any person if he/she is guilty of such grave misconduct. I am away and have access to some sporadic information. I have requested the producers of `Super 30` to take stock of the apparent facts and take a hard stand if need be. This is not to be hushed or brushed under the carpet. All proven offenders must be punished and all exploited people must be empowered and given strength to speak up." The actor shared his statement on Twitter on Monday evening. 

×

His statement comes a day after filmmaker Hansal Mehta took an indirect dig at Hrithik.

Mehta had commented that as a father of two daughters, he fears they may have to deal "with such predators just because nobody took any action against (Vikas) Bahl -- on the contrary a major star has acted in his new film. Who is empowered here? The victim or the creep?"

Also see: Two more women accuse 'Queen' director Vikas Bahl of sexually harassment

This didn`t go down too well with Hrithik`s fans who trolled Mehta and led the filmmaker to quit the social media platform.

Bahl has been accused by a woman of sexually harassing her repeatedly after the first incident in 2015 in Goa. She spoke about it in the media last year and her allegations resurfaced in the wake of the #MeToo wave which has taken Bollywood by storm ever since last month Tanushree Dutta renewed a 10-year-old allegation against Nana Patekar.

Actress Kangana Ranaut who worked with Bahl in 'Queen' also stated that he would "bury his face in my neck, hold me really tight and breathe in the smell of my hair. It took me a great amount of strength and effort to pull myself out of his embrace. he'd say 'I Love how you smell K'."

Phantom Films, which Bahl was a part of with business partners Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena, was last week dissolved.