Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the UK's Labour Party. Photograph:( Reuters )
Five legally binding commitments are to be meant by Theresa May for opposition Labour Party's support.
Britain's opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn has written to Prime Minister Theresa May, offering to support her Brexit deal if she makes five legally binding commitments – including joining a customs union.
Below are Labour's five demands for supporting her deal:
- A permanent customs union. This would include a say in future trade deals
- Close alignment with the EU's single market. This would be underpinned by shared institutions and obligations
- A pledge to keep workers rights in line with those in the EU
- Commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation
- Agreements on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant