IPL 2018: Players expected to perform in Hyderabad vs Bangalore clash
This will be the first time when Hyderabad and Bangalore will come face to face at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018.
While Hyderabad is leading the table with 14 points, Bangalore is struggling to even make it for the play-off and hence are at the third place from the bottom with just six points.
Let us take a look at the players expected to perform in today's big clash:
1. Rashid Khan - In his last match against Delhi, Rashid took two crucial wickets, which made him the 'Man of the Match'. He is also two wickets away from wearing the 'Purple Cap'. The Afghanistan tweaker is capable of breaking any standing partnership, making him the player to watch out for today.
2. Umesh Yadav - Considering his previous game against Chennai, Yadav dismissed Shane Watson and Suresh Raina to put Bangalore over the 'Yellow Brigade'. But eventually, they lost the match. He has been in good form from last few games and is expected to do the same and knock out Hyderabad batsmen. And, not to forget that one more wicket today and he will get the 'Purple Cap'.
3. Alex Hales - Hyderabad picked Hales as their new replacement for David Warner for this season of IPL. He has played two matches so far scoring 90 runs. In his previous game against Delhi, he scored 31-ball-45 which included three fours and three sixes. Being picked up at his base price, the opener has a lot more to offer to his franchise.
4. Parthiv Patel - Patel got his first chance in IPL 2018 in the previous game against Chennai and he smashed a brilliant half-century to prove his worth and calibre. His inning was a signal to Bangalore and warning to other franchises that he is capable of playing many such knocks. The Bangalore opener and wicket-keeper is definitely a player to watch out for today.
5. Kane Williamson - The backbone of Hyderabad is one of the most successful skippers in the ongoing league so far. With his team being the table-toppers, he definitely fulfilled his duties as a captain. When required he has stood up for his team as a batsman too. In nine matches he has scored 354 runs which include four half-centuries. Even in his previous game, Hyderabad skipper remained unbeaten and ensured victory for his side. Also, he stands at number seven in the race for the 'Orange Cap'.
Being at top of the table, it won't be unfair at all to say that Hyderabad has an upper hand in today's game. While Bangalore have to play a different game altogether to beat the current number one team.