
A13-year-oldBurnleyfanejected from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday for anallegedracistgesturedirected at Spurs' South Korea forwardSonHeung-Min is beinginvestigatedby police, the Lancashire club said on Monday.
The supporter, who was accompanied by a guardian, was spotted by stewards when he made theallegedgestureduringBurnley's 5-0 Premier League defeat. The club said the teenager was under investigation by the Metropolitan Police.
Son, named Asia's International Player of the Year last week, scored in the first period when he picked the ball up in his own half and cut throughBurnley's midfield and defence with a solo run before slotting it past the goalkeeper.
"BurnleyFootball Club will be contacting the teenager and his family, with a view to an enforced educational program, run in conjunction with Kick It Out andBurnleyFC in the Community," the club said in a statement.
"BurnleyFootball Club would like to reiterate its zero-tolerance policytowardsdiscrimination of any kind. We will continue to work with the authorities to help eradicate the growing problem of discrimination within football."
On Sunday, twofans from the away end at Brighton & Hove Albion's Amex Stadium were ejected, arrested and later released by Sussex Police for homophobic abuse during the 2-2 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers.