File photo: Security officers stand guard near the site blast in Lethpora area of south Kashmir's Pulwama district some 20 kilometres from Srinagar. Photograph:( Agencia EFE )
The report added that India will continue to take 'robust and decisive steps to ensure national security' until Pakistan takes 'credible and irreversible steps' to stop supporting terror groups.
The Ministry of Defence in its annual report on Thursday slammed Pakistan for avoiding to take "action against Jihadi and internationally proscribed terror outfits that target Pakistan’s neighbours," news agency ANI reported.
It added that India will continue to take "robust and decisive steps to ensure national security" until Pakistan takes "credible and irreversible steps" to stop supporting terror groups and dismantle the terrorist infrastructure used to launch attacks against India.
The report further added that the Pulwama attack, that killed over 40 CRPF personnel in February this year, shows that India remains a "persistent" target of Pakistan's cross-border terrorism policy.
Defence Ministry: Pulwama attack by JeM confirmed that India remains a persistent target of Pakistan’s state sponsored cross border terrorism policy. India’s response included a successful preemptive non-military anti-terror aerial strike on largest JeM training camp in Balakot. https://t.co/5A61REUyMt— ANI (@ANI) July 18, 2019
"Pulwama attack by JeM confirmed that India remains a persistent target of Pakistan’s state-sponsored cross border terrorism policy. India’s response included a successful preemptive non-military anti-terror aerial strike on largest JeM training camp in Balakot," the report stated.
"Terrorist groups are being continuously encouraged (by Pakistan military) to infiltrate into India under cover of massive cross border firing in Jammu and Kashmir, triggering an appropriate response from Indian armed forces," the report stated.
Defence Ministry Annual Report: Until Pakistan takes credible & irreversible steps to stop supporting terror groups and dismantle the terrorist infrastructure used to launch attacks against India, India will continue to take robust and decisive steps to ensure national security. pic.twitter.com/wmRNGYDdFh— ANI (@ANI) July 18, 2019
On China, the report said that as compared to last year, the number of face-offs and aggressive interactions during transgressions by the Chinese Army into Indian territory have reduced this year.
"After the disengagement from Doklam plateau by both sides on August 28, 2017, strength of Indian and Chinese Army has been reduced there. Indian Army is monitoring Chinese activities in the area and is adequately prepared to respond to any contingency there," the report added.
This comes a day after Mumbai attack mastermind and JuD chief Hafiz Saeed was arrested by Pakistan's Punjab government on Wednesday over terror financing charges. He has been sent on 7-day judicial remand.
Meanwhile, India has dismissed the arrest and has called it a drama which New Delhi has seen in the past.
Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, "We have seen the arrest reports. This has been going on for a long time. The arrest-release drama has happened more than 8 times since 2001."
"The question is, will Saeed be tried this time. We reiterate Saeed is a designated terrorist, listed by the UN," Kumar added.