
As the situation is coming back to normal in Maharashtra's flood-hit Kolhapur and Sangli districts, the 21 relief teams are being de-requisitioned, Defence Public Relations Officer (PRO) said on Monday.
''A total of 21 Relief Teams which were providing assistance to the flood-affected persons of Kolhapur and Sangli in Maharashtra are being de-requisitioned as the situation is coming back to normal,'' Defence PRO said.
The Defence PRO further said that around 3000 army personnel have been deployed for flood relief and rescue operations in 15 districts of the four affected states.
Around 35,000 people have been so far rescued or evacuated from the food-hit states.
So far 40 people have died in Maharashtra due to heavy rainfall.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday visited the flood-affected Kolhapur and Sangli, to take stock of the situation.
Also, more than 300 medical teams are working in Sangli, Kolhapur and Satara districts.
Indian Meteorological Department has predicted light to moderate rainfall from Monday onwards in Sangli, Kolhapur, Satara, Pune and Solapur districts in Pune division.
According to the latest reports,the death toll from floods in Karnataka, Kerala, and Maharashtra rose to 147.