England won the Cricket World Cup 2019 title after edging New Zealand in a Super Over on July 14 at the Lord's Cricket Ground.
After the match was tied, it was forced into the Super Over, which was also tied and England won the match on an account of scoring more boundaries.
New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson was announced as the player of the tournament. With this feat, Williamson became the second skipper to win the player of the tournament in the history of World Cup.
New Zealand's Martin Crowe had achieved the feat in 1992 World Cup.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes won Man of the Match award for his match-winning knock in final match.
The seven-week long tournament came to an end after a dramatic finish at the "home of cricket" and here is a summarization of the entire tournament in stats and number.
- Man of the Cricket World Cup 2019 final Match - England's Ben Stokes
- Player of the tournament - New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson
- Highest individual score by Australian David Warner (166)
- Most runs scored in the tournament by Indian opener Rohit Sharma (648)
- Rohit also scored the most number of boundaries in the tournament (67)
- Best batting average by Bangladesh's Shakib al Hasan (86.5)
- Most half-centuries - Shakib (5 fifties in 8 innings)
- Fastest fifty by Australia's Alex Carey. He scored the half-century in 25 deliveries against India
- England captain Eoin Morgan scored the fastest century. He smashed the ton in 57 deliveries against Afghanistan
- Morgan struck most sixes in the tournament (22)
- Most centuries - Rohit Sharma (5)
- Most wickets by Australian pacer Mitchell Starc (27)
- Highest innings score by England (397/6)
- Largest margin of defeat suffered by Afghanistan against England
- New Zealand had the best win percentage in the tournament - 75 per cent (India's win per cent was also 75)
- 714 — most runs scored in one match between. The match was between Australia and Bangladesh
- Total sixes smashed in the tournament - 359
- Total wickets taken in the tournament - 675
- Best bowling figure by Pakistan's young bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi - 6/35
- Best bowling economy by Sri Lanka Angelo Mathews - 3.00
- Most wins by a team in the tournament - Australia (7)
- Most losses by a team in the tournament - Afghanistan (9)
- Indian star pacer Jasprit Bumrah bowled the most number of maiden overs (9 overs)
- England's Jofra Archer bowled the highest number of dot balls (372 dot balls)