
A day after the Modi government at the Centre disassociated itself from the PDP in J&K, India's army chief Bipin Rawat said the armed force won't face "any political interference" while tackling terrorists in the state.
"The imposition of Governor's rule in J&K will not affect our operations," the Army chief said.
The government on Tuesday broke away from the PDP citing the worsening of law and order in the state. Last month the Centre had declared a state of ceasefire over Ramzan which was agreed to by the ex-chief minister Mehbooba Mufti.
"We only stopped our operations during Ramzan," the army chief said, adding,"But, we saw what happened."
"Our operations will go on like they used to," Bipin Rawat said.
As the coalition split after 3 years, the PDP blamed the Centre for betraying the agenda of the alliance insisting it was focussed on boosting reconciliation through the alliance. Mehbooba Mufti said the alliance failed because the policy of peace and reconciliation did not find support with the government asserting that it had a bigger motive - unilateral ceasefire, PM's visit to Pakistan, withdrawal of cases against 11,000 youth.
BJP's general secretary Ram Madhav described "terrorism, violence and radicalisation" as the main reasons for the pullout.