
SC to start hearing pleas today against Section 377 which says homosexuality is a crime
The Supreme Court on Tuesday will go ahead with the scheduled hearing by a constitution bench on petitions against Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code that makes homosexuality a crime.
The five-judge Bench — headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and comprising Justices R.F. Nariman, A.M. Khanwilkar, D.Y. Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra — will examine a batch of petitions claiming that the 2013 judgment was wrong.
Trump suggests China might be interfering in US-North Korea talks
President Donald Trump suggested on Monday that China might be seeking to derail US efforts aimed at denuclearising North Korea, but said he was confident that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un would uphold a pact the two agreed on last month.
In his first remarks about challenging diplomatic talks held at the weekend that sowed fresh doubts over North Korea's willingness to give up its nuclear arsenal, Trump said China "may be exerting negative pressure" in reaction to punitive US tariffs on Chinese goods.
As trade war with US heats up, China cuts duties on Indian medicines
China on Monday said it has clinched a deal with India on the reduction of import duties on Indian medicines including anti-cancer drugs, which are highly expensive in the country.
Beijing, which earlier announced a cut on import duties on over 8,500 Indian items, said it will relax taxes on more goods from India and other countries as its trade war with the US heats up.
Govt employees who test positive for drugs will be treated, not sacked: Punjab CM
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Monday clarified that government employees found positive in dope tests will not be punished or sacked but will be provided treatment and their identity will be kept confidential.
"Government employees who test positive in the dope test would not be punished or sacked but would be provided treatment, with their identities being kept confidential," Captain Amarinder Singh said in a statement.
Trump's long-time driver sues for several years of unpaid overtime
US President Donald Trump's personal driver of over 20 years has decided to file a lawsuit against the Trump Organisation alleging that the billionaire real estate developer has not paid for thousands of hours of overtime, has not increased his salary and cut off health benefits.
The driver, identified as Noel Cintron, sued the Trump Organisation for about 3,300 hours of overtime in the last six years. However, he is not allowed to sue for overtime prior to that due to the statute of limitations.