
Head of the terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) Masood Azhar on Saturday mocked the May 16 ceasefire declaration by the Indian government.
Azhar has said the Indian government was forced to declare a ceasefire in Kashmir out of compulsion and it has left open space for JeM.
Azhar's statements came out in an audio clip released by the Jaish-e-Mohammad, where he is heard addressing a gathering of new recruits.
According to intelligence sources, the terror chief has been stationed in Pakistan's Bahawalpur province, where he is training new recruits under a new programme which started on May 1 earlier this year.
Interestingly, JeM had claimed responsibility for the multiple grenade attacks in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
India holds Azhar responsible for many terrorist acts in India including the 13 December 2001 attack on India’s parliament as well as the 2 January 2016 attack on the Pathankot airbase.
The Centre on May 16 had announced a ceasefire in J&K, directing the security forces to halt their operations during the holy month of Ramzan.
A week after the declaration, terrorists conducted a strike, the first since the ceasefire announcement by attacking an Indian Army camp located in the Pulwama district of South Kashmir and killing an Army jawan and a civilian.
Recently, Security agencies sounded a high alert in Jammu and Kashmir after intelligence reports warned that Jaish-e-Mohammad militants have sneaked from across the Line of Control (LoC) and planned major fidayeen attacks in next few days.
A security official said intelligence reports were received about that a group of heavily armed Jaish militants have entered the state from different sectors of LoC.