
A Delhi Court on Wednesday granted bail to Bilal Ahmad Kawa, a suspect in the terror attack at the Red Fort in 2000.
Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma granted bail to Ahmad, asking him to furnish a personal bond of Rs 50,000 and a surety of like amount.
The special cell of Delhi and Gujarat police's anti-terror squad arrested Bilal Ahmed Kawa, the man behind the Red Fort attack, last month.
Kawa was a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative and was arrested at the Delhi airport.As per reports, Kawa had been in contact with LeT operative Ashfaq, alias Mohammed Aarif, who was the brain behind the attack.
Kawa, 37, had come to Delhi from Srinagar via a Jet Airways flight and was stopped at IGI Airport by cops who had prior information about his travel plans, reports said.
He had been hiding in Kashmir under a different identity for a long time, reports said. He was lodged in Tihar Jail along with 10 others who have been convicted in the case.
On 22 December 2000, a terrorist attack carried out by six LeT operatives took place on Red Fort in Delhi, India, which claimed three lives.