
According to reports, Delhi High Court has extended the interim protection from arrest to P Chidambaram in connection to the INX Media case. The protection has been extended till August 1.
CBI seeks more time to file a response on P Chidambaram's anticipatory bail plea as they want to conduct the custodial interrogation of accused, ANI reported.
The Enforcement Directorate, last month, filed a fresh charge sheet before Delhi court stating that Former Union minister P Chidambaram's son Karti controlled two firms which allegedly received Rs. 1.16 crore as bribe money in the Aircel-Maxis money laundering case.
Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram was also questioned by the CBI and the ED and was mentioned in the charge sheet. However, the Congress veteran has not been arrayed as an accused in the probe report which would now be heard by the court on July 4.
The ED had registered the case under the sections of PMLA on February 7, 2012 on basis of an FIR registered by the CBI.
It said that during the investigation it was found that ASCPL was already in a financial transaction with the other companies namely Chess Healthcare Care Solutions Pvt LTD, M/s Chess Management Services Pvt LTD (CMSPL) and M/s Halidon Marketing Pvt LTD since the financial year 2005-06.
The agency said that a total of Rs. 1.16 crore allegedly belonging to Karti Chidambaram has already been attached by it so far.
The agency mentioned that the former Union minister's son has been linked with various individuals and companies involved in the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approval given to the Aircel-Maxis deal.
It also alleged that Karti Chidambaram was in the process of alienating the property involved in the money laundering in order to frustrate the proceedings under PMLA.
(With inputs from agencies)