File photo of Alok Nath and Vinta Nanda. Photograph:( Facebook )
Nath has also asked for a written apology. Nanda had accused Nath of having raped her 19 years ago.
The actor Alok Nath filed a civil defamation case on Monday against the writer-producer Vinta Nanda. Nanda had accused Alok Nath of having raped her 19 years ago.
Nath, in his complaint, asked for a written apology and Re 1 compensation.
Nath, in a Facebook post, had said said she had been raped — more than once — by an "actor par excellence who is known as the most #Sanskaari (Cultured) person in the film and television industry".
When she was asked a day later if it was Alok Nath, she said yes.
Nath's lawyer had earlier threatened Nanda with a defamation suit saying if the accusations continued they would seek an injunction so that "she (Nanda) can't make baseless allegations in media and defame my client".
Responding to this Nanda said, "we will respond to the notice once we get it and I assure all of you that we will fight this battle right till the end".
#AlokNath has filed a civil defamation suit against writer producer Vinta Nanda seeking a written apology and Rs 1 as compensation. Nanda had accused Alok Nath of rape #MeToo pic.twitter.com/hSMwfsRdp1— ANI (@ANI) October 15, 2018
Nath who played the role of the "sanskaari bapuji" in the film Hum Saath Saath Hain, which is also what he built his reputation has been accused of sexual assault by three women.
News reports quoted Nath’s lawyer Ashok Saraogi as having said earlier that it was easy to make allegations about something that happened 19 years ago. Saraogi said that this itself proved the allegations were false, for "a person will never wait for a period of 19 years to make such allegations, especially when we have a democracy, when we have a proper ministry over here, to look after all these things”.