Principal of Ryan International joins another branch of school

WION Web Team
New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaUpdated: Oct 02, 2017, 11:04 AM IST
main img
Schools have also been asked to ensure cyber security in accordance with existing cyber and IT laws. Photograph:(PTI)

The suspended principal of Ryan International School in Bhondsi, Neerja Batra, has joined the sector 40 branch of the school in Gurugram, Haryana. Batra was suspended from Ryan International School in Bhondsi after an eight-year-old boy, Pradyuman, was murdered inside the institution premises.

The former principal from the Bhondsi branch of the school has joined as a teacher in the Sector-40 branch of Ryan International School. 

Parents of students attending the new school have expressed serious concern over this.

The parents said that her presence might impact students psychologically as they would have seen her addressing the media after Pradyuman's death and said her joining the school was unacceptable. Batra had been working in the Bhondsi branch since April, but she has been associated with the Ryan group for the past 20 years. 

She was employed in the Sector 40 branch earlier as well. 

Vinay Pratap Singh, deputy commissioner, Gurugram, has said that he had ordered to send her to the Sector 40 branch as she was not responsible for the incident. He also said that she had done her bit by informing the school management through her emails. He added that now it was up to the school management to decide on whether to retain her or post her to another branch, Hindustan Times reported.

A report by a Special Investigation Tribunal had stated that the CCTV cameras of the school were not working properly and were not installed everywhere. The three-member team highlighted that the administration did not get their employees identification verified.The report by the investigative team also revealed that the school establishment had broken boundary walls.The report further said that there were no separate toilets for conductors and drivers and the wall behind the school remained unfinished which easily allowed anyone to enter the school premises without permission.    

The doctor who performed the post-mortem had confirmed that Pradyuman had been murdered but ruled out sexual assault.

The police have claimed that evidence from the scene of the crime had been tampered with and said they would bring the guilty to book.