The video shows the bag on a flight bursting with flames, as a cabin crew member tries to battle it with a bottle of water. Photograph:( Twitter )
Panic broke out at China Southern Airlines flight from Guangzhou to Shanghai after a passenger’s bag in the overhead compartment on a plane suddenly burst into flames.
A footage of the incident was captured and posted on Twitter by the China Aviation Review.
The video shows the bag on a flight bursting with flames, as a cabin crew member tries to battle it with a bottle of water.
Power bank fire on board China Southern CZ3539, Feb 25 2018.???????? pic.twitter.com/cby6E62qRv— ChinaAviationReview (@ChinaAvReview) February 25, 2018
As per the media reports, the fire was caused by a passenger’s power bank, which had overheated in the overhead compartment and combusted.
Fire and security departments attended to confirm the fire was dealt with.
The shocking blaze sparked three-hour delays on the flight from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport to Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to line up a replacement aircraft.
The bag's owner was taken off the place for questioning.
No injury has been reported and even the plane did not sustain any permanent damage.