Kulbhushan Jadhav. Photograph:( ANI )
'There is no other meeting,' Pak foreign ministry noted.
Pakistan's foreign ministry has said that there will be no second consular access for Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Responding to WION's question in the weekly presser, Pakistan foreign ministry spokesperson Mohammad Faisal said, "There is no other meeting".
India's response is still awaited on the latest development.
Pakistani foreign ministry on 2nd consular access for #kulbhushanjadhav: There is no other meeting— Sidhant Sibal (@sidhant) September 12, 2019
New Delhi, earlier this month, on September 2 got first consular access for Jhadav in 3 years.
Indian Deputy High Commissioner (DHC) Gaurav Ahluwalia in Islamabad met Jadhav for nearly 2 hours. The Indian diplomat found Jhadav under "extreme pressure to parrot a false narrative to bolster Pakistan’s untenable claims", according to a release issued by India's Ministry of External Affairs.
A comprehensive report has been sent by the Indian Mission in Islamabad to the MEA on the meeting. The meeting happened in the presence of Pak government officials and was recorded.
Pakistan's proposal for consular access for Kulbhushan Jadhav came after New Delhi got a major diplomatic victory at the International Court of Justice on July 17.
The world court had asked Pakistan to "provide Indian consular officers access to him under Article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations"
New Delhi had called on Islamabad to provide full consular access in an "environment free from the fear of intimidation and reprisal, in the light of the orders of the International Court of Justice (ICJ)".
India maintains that Jadhav was abducted by Pakistani agencies from Iran and New Delhi was first informed about his custody by P[ak authorities on March 25, 2016, after which in 2017, Islamabad announced that its military has awarded death sentence to him.