Amid the tensions, Director General (South Asia & SAARC) Mohammad Faisal summoned Singh and condemned the "unprovoked ceasefire violations" by the Indian forces along the LoC on March 1 in Bhimber/Samahini sectors.
Faisal said despite calls for restraint, "India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations."
He said this "unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed 1970 ceasefire violations."
"The deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws. The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation," said Faisal.
Last month, the Indian deputy high commissioner was summoned on February 5, 15, 20, 22, 24 and 27.
Faisal said despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations.