"Over the past several days, we have witnessed Pakistan indulging in false propaganda and spread of misinformation. The Indian Navy does not take cognisance of such propaganda," the Indian Navy said in a statement.
Pakistan released a video of the Indian submarine purportedly trying to enter its waters.
Earlier in the day, WION learnt that on the diplomatic front New Delhi has informed the global community that no such movement of Indian assets (the submarine) had taken place and that "in fact, they are not in the vicinity."
New Delhi said Pakistan is playing up the situation to divert the "attention of the international community from our concern of terror to the so-called threat from India". It further added that "we should not fall for it".
Indian authorities said Tuesday that the video released by Pakistan matches a similar video released by Pakistan in 2016, which made the same claim then, suggesting Pakistan is trying to shift focus.
After India's air strike on February 26 and Pakistan's counter-strike, Islamabad had informed foreign envoys in Pakistan that India planned to bomb Karachi. When approached by the world community, New Delhi clarified that that was not the case.
'Over the past several days, we have witnessed Pakistan indulging in false propaganda and spread of misinformation. The Indian Navy does not take cognisance of such propaganda,' the Indian Navy said in a statement.