Dinesh Karthik-led Kolkata will be up against Chennai for the second time in this year's Indian Premier League (IPL).
Their first encounter was won by the Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led side by five wickets.
Both the teams won their last game so it automatically makes the match more intriguing and unpredictable.
So, let's take a look at the players expected to perform in today's big clash
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni - The Chennai Skipper played a flawless inning against Delhi in the last game. He smashed a 22-ball-51 which included two fours and five sixes. When Chennai needed him the most to set a decent score, he stood up and played like a true captain to lead from the front. Not to forget, Dhoni is also the most successful captain in the ongoing IPL till now.
2. Shane Watson - Chennai opener is all pumped up for this game as he played some great innings in the ongoing league. While, on the other hand, he still needs to work on his bowling technique. In his last game against Delhi, he played an impeccable inning, where he scored 78 runs off 40 balls and poured big seven sixes helping Chennai to set a target above 200. He is definitely a player to look out for today.
3. Chris Lynn - The opening batsman of Kolkata returned to his form in the last game where he scored an unbeaten 52-ball-62 against Bangalore. An important player behind Kolkata's victory in the last game. He was also awarded the 'Man of the match'. He will be hoping to continue his form today as well to help Kolkata jump up in the league table.
4. Andre Russell - Kolkata's fast bowler swung three crucial wickets in the last game against Bangalore. He also played a massive inning in the previous game against Chennai. He recorded an unbeaten 88 runs off just 36 balls which included enormous 11 sixes. He is expected to perform same today when Kolkata faces Chennai for the second time at Eden Gardens.
5. Ambati Rayudu - Recently being displaced by Rishabh Pant for the 'Orange Cap', Rayudu will definitely play an inning today to regain his glory. He scored 24-ball-41 in the last game against Delhi. Consistently, maintaining his form in recent games, Rayudu becomes a must-watch player in today's big clash.
A very crucial match for Kolkata as they will be up against the table-toppers today. They stand a big chance to win the game and join Chennai and Hyderabad in the top three. Chennai, on the other hand, will play their best to maintain the top position.