1. ASEAN and its emerging role in the Indo-Pacific Region- ASEAN’s plan to engage and shape the regional architecture to take its own position in the Indo-Pacific Region
2. How will ASEAN redefine the Indo-Pacific? Any particular reason why ASEAN was reluctant to engage before?
3. Expectations from the key regional players in the Indo-Pacific i.e, USA, Japan, Australia & India.
4. The “ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific” mentions “an inclusive and rules-based framework to generate momentum to build strategic trust”. The idea to complement existing frameworks of cooperation at the regional and sub-regional levels, generate tangible and concrete deliverables, a common approach towards the Indo-Pacific region despite individual differences and bilateral engagements. How ASEAN may shape the regional architecture and engage fruitfully with the Indo-Pacific Discourse?
5. With the geopolitical contestation between China and the USA escalating, how may ASEAN reclaim the strategic narrative in the emerging regional order?
6. Key challenges for Indo-Pacific regional policy.
7. Negotiations on the Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea to reduce tensions and risk of accidents, misunderstandings, and miscalculation—in an increasingly contested maritime space. Will COC talks see progress?
8. How may India welcome the ASEAN’s outlook?
Dialogue Partners: Amb of Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam & Former Ambassador of India to ASEAN Gurjit Singh.