Kejriwal, Sisodia to be charged in Delhi Chief Secretary assault case: Reports

Kejriwal, Sisodia to be charged in Delhi Chief Secretary assault case: Reports

Kejriwal, Sisodia

Story highlights

The reports said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia will be charged with criminial conspiracy

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia will be charged with criminal conspiracy for the alleged attack on Delhi's top bureaucrat in February, news reports said Thursday. 

The reports quoted police sources as saying a charge sheet had been prepared and that it would be filed in July. 

Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash has alleged that he was assaulted by two AAP MLAs at a late-night meeting at Kejriwal's residence on February 19. 

Prakash said the alleged attack on him took place in Kejriwal's presence, and that he was assaulted as part of a conspiracy between everyone present in the room. 

The Aam Aadmi Party has called the allegations "ludicrous". 

Delhi's Aam Aadmi Party and the city's bureaucrats have been at loggerheads ever since the alleged attack. 

Kejriwal and three of his colleagues recently staged a sit-in — for nine days — at Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal's waiting room. They had gone there to ask him to intervene in a "strike" called by Delhi's bureaucrats. .

The bureaucrats said they were not on strike. The Aam Aadmi Party said they would not attend meetings called by AAP MLAs, nor would they pick up phone calls.