#MeToo: Mumbai's Dindoshi sessions court rejects injunction order against Vinta Nanda

Source: ANI
Place: New Delhi, Delhi, India Published: Oct 26, 2018, 02.17 PM(IST)

File photo of Alok Nath and Vinta Nanda. Photograph:( Facebook )

Story highlights

The application for the injunction order sought that Nanda be directed to refrain from speaking to the media or making statements against Nath. Dismissing the order, the court said it can`t pass an injunction order against her at this stage.
 

Mumbai`s Dindoshi sessions court on Friday rejected the application by Alok Nath`s wife seeking an injunction order against Vinta Nanda, who accused Nath of rape and sexual harassment.

The application had sought that Nanda be directed to refrain from speaking to the media or making statements against Nath.

Dismissing the order, the court said it can't pass an injunction order against her at this stage.

Earlier this month, Alok Nath had filed a civil defamation suit against the writer-producer, after she accused him of rape. He had sought a written apology, along with a compensation of Re 1 and a restraining order against Nanda.

Earlier this month, Vinta Nanda had also lodged a police complaint against Nath.

In the wake of ongoing #MeToo movement, Vinta had accused Alok Nath of rape and narrated her horrifying ordeal in a Facebook post. She served as the writer and producer of teleserial 'Tara' in the 90s, in which Nath played a lead role.

Following the allegations, the Indian Film and Television Directors` Association (IFTDA) had issued a notice to the veteran actor, seeking his stand on the allegations against him.
 

Read in App