US was not involved in Iran nuclear site incident: White House

Reuters
Washington Published: Apr 13, 2021, 02:40 AM(IST)

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki Photograph:( Reuters )

Story highlights

"The U.S. was not involved in any manner," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in response to questions. "We have nothing to add on speculation about the causes or the impacts."

The White House on Monday (April 12) said it was not involved in a power outage incident at an Iranian nuclear site and declined comment on Tehran's accusing Israel of sabotaging the Natanz facility.

"The U.S. was not involved in any manner," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in response to questions. "We have nothing to add on speculation about the causes or the impacts."

Iran vowed revenge for what it described as an act of "nuclear terrorism" that caused an electricity outage in one of the production halls at the uranium enrichment plant.

Israel fiercely opposes Tehran's 2015 nuclear deal with major powers, an accord that Iran and the new administration of President Joe Biden are engaged in trying to revive after then-U.S. President Donald Trump abandoned it three years ago.

Iran and the global powers described as "constructive" talks last week to salvage the nuclear deal, which has unraveled as Iran has breached its limits on sensitive uranium enrichment since Trump reimposed harsh sanctions on Tehran.

Read in App