
The 12 Thai boys who were rescued from a cave in northern Thailand will be discharged from hospital on Wednesday and meet their families for the first time, reports said.The "Wild Boars" team will also address the media for the first time on Wednesday.
While the 12 boys and their football coach trapped in a Thai cave had waited 17 days to be rescued, their families had to endure even more.
The families saw the boys for the first time on July 11 at the Chiang Rai hospital. In a video shown at a press briefing, some of the parents were in tears as they looked through the glass, reports said.
At the hospital, parents of the boys could only see their children from through a glass and were not allowed to go near them. This was after doctors orders who were still concerned about their health and said that there could be arisk of them catching infections from the boys.
The Thai government will allot 45 minutes' airtime on its "Thailand Moves Forward" for the soccer team's news conference.
The last of the 12-member "Wild Boars" football team and their coach were brought out of the Tham Luang cave, near the border with Myanmar, on July 10.
It has been a week since the boys and their coach were rescued, which caught the world's attention. Some of the boys had pneumonia but last week the health minister confirmed they were recovering quickly.
The boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25-year-old coach had planned to explore the cavern complex for about an hour after football practice on June 23. But a rainy season downpour flooded the tunnels which left them trapped.
The boys and their coach lost an average of two kilograms during their ordeal but were generally in good condition and showed no signs of stress, a senior health official said earlier in the week.