British police arrest seventh man over bomb attack on London train

British police arrest seventh man over bomb attack on London train

London Train

Story highlights

The man, 20, was detained at a house in the Welsh capital Cardiff by counter-terrorism officers, London?police said. He is the seventh man to have been arrested over the attack at Parsons Green station in?London?on Sept. 15 which injured 30 people.

British police made a new arrest on Monday in their investigation into a bomb attack on aLondonundergroundtrainearlier this month.

The man, 20, was detained at a house in the Welsh capital Cardiff by counter-terrorism officers, Londonpolice said. He is the seventh man to have been arrested over the attack at Parsons Green station inLondonon Sept. 15 which injured 30 people.

It was Britain's fifth major militant attack so far this year.

Last Friday, teenager Ahmed Hassan appeared in court charged with attempting to murder passengers on board thetrainheading to centralLondonfrom the southwest suburb of Wimbledon and causing an explosion likely to endanger life using the highly volatile triacetone triperoxide (TATP) - known as “the mother of Satan” - or another explosive substance.

The 18-year-old, from Sunbury-on-Thames, a town to the southwest ofLondon, was remanded in custody until Oct. 13. The home-made bomb engulfed a carriage in flames but apparently failed to fully explode.

Two other men are still being questioned by police while three others have since been released by detectives and face no further action. Searches are still ongoing at one address in Surrey, south ofLondon, and in Cardiff.