
AtleticoMadrid has reported Barcelona to FIFA for an "illegal"transfer approach for Antoine Griezmann.
The French forward has been linked with the Catalan club in the Spanish media and Barcelona director Guillermo Amor told Movistar on Sunday that president Josep Maria Bartomeu may have made contact with Griezmann's family, who are also his representatives, over a potential move.
Earlier this year, Griezmannsigned a new contractcommitting him to Atletico until the end of the 2021-22 season.
"AtleticoMadrid has presented a complaint about Barcelona for repeated contact between Barcelona, the player and his people,"Atleticotold Reuters.
"Griezmann has a long contract and this cannot be permitted, while the club also considers it could affect the competition [La Liga] in which Barcelona are currently top andAtleticoare second."
Barcelona haven'trespond so far. In 2014, Barcelona sufferedone-year transfer ban for signing under-age players by world football governing body FIFA.
A Fifa spokesman said, "We can confirm that we have received a complaint from Atletico Madrid."
Griezmann, 26, signed a newAtleticocontract in June until 2022, which has a 100 million euro ($118.2 million) release clause.
(With inputs from Reuters)