ugc_banner

Did Prabhas reject Karan Johar's film yet again?

WION Web Team
New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaUpdated: May 17, 2018, 03:15 PM IST

Karan Johar, Prabhas Photograph:(WION Web Team)

The stupendous success of Baahubali has ensured superstardom for its actors, especially its lead actor Prabhas. He is one of the most sought-after actors of Indian cinema currently, and Bollywood producers have been queuing up to work with the actor. Karan Johar, who had presented both Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali: The Conclusion, had earlier approached Prabhas for a film. But the project fell through as the actor demanded a whopping Rs 20 crores for the film- which for a debutant actor (Prabhas would be making his debut in Hindi films) was a lot. 

Reports now suggest that Johar has again approached Prabhas and the actor seems to have no dates free for the producer-filmmaker. Prabhas is currently working on Saaho which is taking up all his time and hence the actor has rejected Johar's offer once again. 

There is no bad blood between the two, though. In an earlier interview to a newspaper, the actor was all praises for Johar and said, "I made a good association with Karan Johar. If I want anything, I think I can ask him. He has helped us a lot," he said.

Prabhas' next release after Baahubali will be Saaho which is being made at a budget of Rs 300 crores. The film also marks the debut of Shraddha Kapoor in the Southern film industry.