Maharashtra: 14 people dead due to toxins in well, say locals

WION Web Team
New Delhi, Delhi, India Published: Mar 13, 2018, 04:45 PM(IST)

Yavatmal village in Maharashtra. Photograph:( ANI )

About 14 people died in Yavatmal village of Maharashtra due to alleged consumption of water from a 250-ft borewell.

While 38 others were being treated in a hospital.

The locals in the area have said that the deaths were the result of toxins present in a 250-ft borewell in Yavatmal.

A doctor from the hospital said that 13 patients were found to have a high level of keratin. He also added that the water of the area seems to have a high amount of nitrate. 

×
×

 

Read in App