Italian super sports car maker Lamborghini on Wednesday launched its first super sports utility vehicle 'Urus' in India, priced at Rs 3 crore. Lamborghini says that the Urus is as much a luxury SUV as the most powerful, with a super sports car dynamism to be enjoyed by both driver and passengers.
Here are 10 features things to know about the Urus:
- The Urus sports a new front-mounted, 4.0 liter V8 twin-turbo engine capable of delivering 650 horsepower. With 162.7 hp/l, the Urus claims one of the highest specific power outputs in its class and the best weight-to-power ratio at 3,38 kg/hp.
- The car can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.6 seconds and has a top speed of 305 kmph. Braking is no less impressive: The Urus decelerates from 100 kmph to 0 in 33.7 m.
- The company says that the Urus has the DNA of a Lamborghini and has taken cues from the LM002 as well as the super sports cars that are fundamental to Lamborghini heritage like the Miura, Murcielago and Countach. Urus also has characteristics that resemble to that of the Aventador and some that are emotive of the Huracan.
- Its four-wheel drive and four-wheel steering system delivers safe, highly-responsive driving dynamics on every road and surface. The rear-wheel steering provides increased agility and a reduced turning circle for increased maneuverability.
- The SUV delivers best-in-class lightweight technologies and weight-to-power ratio. At a curb weight of less than 2,200 kg, Lamborghini's team of designers and R&D engineers focused on weight reduction throughout the car's chassis, with an intelligent materials mix to ensure maximum stiffness for the best possible comfort and handling as well as lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Its long wheelbase of 3,003 mm and the low seating position of the occupants creates a comfortable and extremely spacious feel. The Urus ensures luxury and roominess for each of its occupants in seats designed specifically for the Urus Super SUV.
- The Urus has multiple driving modes - Tamburo, Strada, Sport, Corsa, Neve (snow), Terra and Sabbia.
- It also has carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension and active roll stabilisation for maximum safety and comfort.
- The SUV is suitable for everyday driving in a range of environments.
- The Urus is second SUV from Lamborghini and third model to be launched by the company in India.