File photo. Photograph:( Others )
An eight-months pregnant Canadian woman was served cleaning solution in place of coffee at McDonald's outlet on Sunday, reports said.
Sarah Douglas asked for coffee at one of the drive-thrus at the fast food restaurant in the province of Alberta while she was taking her son to a baseball tournament.
When she took a sip, she immediately realised that something was wrong and spat it right away.
Douglas rushed to McDonald's and ordered to speak to the supervisor.
It was found out that a bottle of cleaning solution had been hooked to the milk compartment by mistake. Reports said that when the machine was cleaned in the morning the responsible person forgot to disconnect the cleaning solution from the milk supply line when Douglas' drink was prepared.
As per reports, the restaurant franchisee said in a statement he was sorry for the incident.
She then contacted Alberta Health Services’ Health Link and was transferred to poison control.
As per reports, a health inspector has been appointed to investigate the restaurant further.