Skip to main content

Los Angeles party shooting leaves three dead

Police and investigators at the scene where dispute at a pop-up Jamaican restaurant led to a gunfire in Los Angeles on October 15, 2016. Photograph: (AFP)

Los Angeles, United States Oct 16, 2016, 02.09 AM (IST)


Three people were left dead and more than ten people were wounded earlier on Saturday morning when an argument at a Los Angeles restaurant apparently triggered gunfire. 

 

The shooting attack took place at a party being held at a home that was serving as a makeshift restaurant, a police spokesman, Officer Mike Lopez, was quoted as saying by international news agency Reuters.  

 

A man and woman left the party after an argument, then returned and gunfire erupted, Lopez said. "From what I understand, they're the ones responsible for the shooting," he added. 

 

According to the Indian news ageny PTI, cops who arrived at the scene in a working-class neighbourhood found shell casings and blood throughout the restaurant, located west of downtown Los Angeles. Two possible suspects were being questioned. The attack was reported at 12:30 am.  

 

Meanwhile, PTI quoted Mayor Eric Garcetti as saying that he was confident police would unravel questions surrounding the shooting and expressed sympathy for victims' families.

 

He called it "the latest example of a senseless gun violence epidemic that causes so much pain and sorrow in our city and across the nation. "We cannot tolerate these tragedies multiplying in communities across America," Garcetti said in a statement. 

 

The Times described the restaurant as a popular Jamaican eatery that features a DJ yesterday night. 

 

(WION with inputs from agencies) 

Show Comments
  • delete