Officials said last week they had dismantled a 'terrorist cell' that planned to attack a Paris railway station under IS guidance
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls warned Sunday of new terror attacks against France.
Paris was put on high alert last week after French authorities said they had dismantled a 'terrorist cell' planning to attack a Paris railway station under Islamic state's guidance.
"This week at least two attacks were foiled," Manuel Valls said in an interview with Europe 1 radio and Itele television on Sunday, Reuters reported.
Three French women were arrested this Friday after a car loaded with gas cylinders was found near Notre Dame cathedral.
Valls, however, said former president Nicolas Sarkozy's proposals to boost security was not the right way to deal with threats.
Sarkozy had suggested special courts and detention facilities for citizens suspected of militant links in an interview to local newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche.
"Every Frenchman suspected of being linked to terrorism, because he regularly consults a jihadist website, or his behavior shows signs of radicalisation or because is in close contact with radicalised people, must be preventively placed in a detention center," Sarkozy had said in the interview.
Last month, Sarkozy announced his candidature for the 2017 presidential election.
"He (Sarkozy) is wrong about trying to wring the neck of the rule of law," Valls said in response to Sarkozy's statement.
Valls said there were 15,000 people on the radar of police and intelligent services who were in the process of being radicalised, Reuters reported.
(WION with inputs from agencies)