Skip to main content

Indore police deny 17 people died in city hospital because oxygen supply was cut off

The city commissioner Sanjay Dubey (pictured) said the deaths were caused by illness and that the number of deaths was routine in a 1,400-bed hospital. Photograph: (ANI)

WION Web Team New Delhi, Delhi, India Jun 23, 2017, 08.21 AM (IST)

Police in Indore have denied that 17 people died at a city hospital because their oxygen supply was cut off. 

The police said the deaths were caused by illness, and that those many deaths are routine in a 1,400-bed hospital. 

"No oxygen supply failure has been reported and no one died because of oxygen supply failure. They died to illness," ANI reported Indore commissioner Sanjay Dubey as saying. 

"I have been to every ward of the hospital after certain local newspapers carried the misinformation. There was no break in oxygen supply. The hospital records 10-20 deaths a day," he added. 

Reports had surfaced earlier that 17 people had died at the city's MY Hospital after their oxygen supply was mysteriously cut off for about 15 minutes. 

Show Comments
  • delete