The incident occurred at a government hospital in Rajasthan's Banswara district. Photograph: (ANI)
In yet another case of hospital negligence, a four-day-old baby's fingers were nibbled by rats at a government hospital in Rajasthan's Banswara district.
There were reportedly no lights in the ward when the incident occurred at 5:30 am, ANI reported.
Family members noticed what had happened when the lights were switched on and called authorities.
A woman, Priyanka, gave birth to the infant four days ago at the hospital.
The hospital has formed a committee of staff and nurses to look into the matter and prevent further incidents.