An April 14 indiatimes.com news reports had earlier said a man from Kerala who had moved to Afghanistan allegedly to join the Islamic State had died in the blast. Photograph: (Agencia EFE)
An Afghan security source has confirmed the deaths of 13 Indians in the MOAB attack in Afghanistan, the Pajhwok Afghan News agency reported.
"An Afghan security source confirmed death of 13 Indians in MOAB attack in Achin," the news agency tweeted.
The Massive Ordnance Air Blast -- nicknamed the Mother of all Bombs -- was dropped on Afghanistan's Achin province last Friday.
The bomb, weighing 10,000 kilograms, is the US's largest non-nuclear bomb.
It was dropped on a tunnel network suspected to be used by Islamic State terrorists.
New reports said more than 90 people died in the blast.
An April 14 indiatimes.com news reports had earlier said a man from Kerala who had moved to Afghanistan, allegedly to join the Islamic State, had died in the blast.
The Pajhwok Afghan News agency said a security source had confirmed the news