'Keeping Up With Kardashians' on hold after reality TV star Kim decides to take break from work
Kanye, Kim, Kourtney Kardashian, Kris Jenner and her boyfriend Corey Gamble at a fashion show in Paris on September 29. Photograph: (AFP)
The production of reality TV show "Keeping up with the Kardashians" has been halted, days after the star was robbed at gunpoint in Paris.
"Kim's well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume," a spokeswoman for E! Network, which broadcasts the show, said in a statement.
The TV star, 35, was spotted leaving her Manhattan apartment with her husband, rapper Kanye West, and their two children on Thursday. The celebrity family were reportedly heading to their home in South Carolina. Speculation is rife that Kim, who is shaken up after the incident, will take a month's break from work.
The Daily Mail reported that Kim told the police that she was attacked by five white middle-aged male cyclists.
The reality TV star has claimed that she was held at gunpoint, tied up, gagged and pushed into a marble bath by the thieves before they stole the jewels, a source told Dailymail.
The TMZ reported that the reality TV star submitted an insurance claim of $5.6 million for the stolen valuables, much less than the $10 million figure reported earlier.
Kim had been criticised for displaying her $4 million dollar engagement ring and other jewelry in the days before the attack.
"You cannot display your wealth and then be surprised that some people want to share it with you," fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld told reporters in Paris this week.