Salman Khan receives death threats, Mumbai Police escort him back home after stalling Race 3 shoot

File photo of the actor. Photograph:( Others )

WION Web Team New Delhi, Delhi, India Jan 11, 2018, 10.28 AM (IST)

The shooting of Race 3 was stalled on Tuesday by the Mumbai police and Salman Khan was escorted back home from Film City, Mumbai by the cops after the actor received death threats from a gangster from the Bishnoi community that worships black bucks. 

The threats were made last week by gangster Lawrence Bishnoi when the actor was in Jodhpur for the hearing of the Black Buck case. Following the threat, the actor was taken to Jodhpur court amid heavy security. 
The blackbuck case, in which Salman is charged with poaching the animal, has been going on in Jodhpur for the last 10 years.

According to media reports, the police arrived at the Race 3 set in Film City and told Salman and producer Ramesh Taurani that the shoot needs to be stopped immediately and the actor needs to head home as soon as possible. Salman was then escorted home by six cops and asked to maintain a low profile for a few days.

A senior police officer, while speaking to Mumbai Mirror said, "A senior police officer said, “We are taking Bishnoi’s threat seriously but we have assured Salman that he will receive maximum police protection. We are also investigating the motive behind Bishnoi’s threat to Salman.”

Confirming the threats to Salman, his father Salim Khan said, " While I don’t know the exact details about when he left the sets, I do know that there were some threats. But Salman has a good team of security personnel. This is not the first time that he is getting such threats. In this industry, people keep getting such threats a lot.”

Lawrence Bishoi has been charged in over 20 cases of attempt to murder, carjacking, extortion, snatching and under the Arms Act in Punjab-Haryana belt.