WION Web TeamMumbai, Maharashtra, IndiaFeb 27, 2018, 12.21 PM
The mortal remains of actress Sridevi have finally been handed over to actress' family. The past three days have been daunting for the Kapoor family as the Dubai Police took time to investigate the case and hand over Sridevi's mortal remains to her family as they had 'formalities' to clear.
Here are all the developments in the case.
1. Sridevi's mortal remains have been handed over to her family and the body will land in Mumbai from Dubai tonight.
2. Private aircraft carrying immediate bereaved family and mortal remains of Sridevi is likely to reach Mumbai around 10:30 pm at the Mumbai airport.
3. The embalming of the body took place soon after the body was handed over to the family.
5. Dubai Public Prosecutors Office has closed the investigation into Sridevi's death and cited the forensic report to say she had accidentally drowned following loss of consciousness. After investigating, they ruled out any kind of foul play in the case.
6. Actor Arjun Kapoor flew to Dubai on Tuesday morning to be with his father Boney Kapoor and complete the formalities to bring the body back.
7. Media reports suggest that the body will be kept at Bhagya Bungalow.
8. Last respects to Sridevi will be paid at Celebrations Sports club in Mumbai between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm tomorrow, cremation will take place at Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium after 3:30 pm.
Last respects to late actress #Sridevi will be paid at Celebrations Sports club in Mumbai between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm tomorrow, cremation will take place at Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium after 3:30 pm
10. According to the forensic report, that was released on Monday, Sridevi died due to 'accidental drowning' in her hotel room`s bathtub, after suffering a dizzying spell. It was earlier cited that the actress had suffered a cardiac arrest.